Saturday, December 27, 2008

Odd English Phrases I Have Found

Shopping at Sur La Table, I came across this device. It's a Japenese vegetable slicer. The whole contraption is weird enough, but it was the writing on the package that made it wonderful.


That's right, it helps you in cooking fast, joyful beautiful sharp edged!

Next, a guided tour of a nativity scene outside of a Hyde Park church. Where to begin? With the creation of the cosmos, naturally.

I think I like this depiction of the beginning of time. It's not at all messy or confusing, it's just a nice display of blinking LED lights. And the writer is so upbeat about the cosmos. The style is sustained throughout the whole site, even in the more grim pieces of the religious past. Like this.
If you don't mind, please proceed to the brutal and tortured death of Jesus Christ... Thank you! Have a nice day!

I skipped the crucifixion scene and got a latte instead.

No comments: